Saturday, March 19, 2016

SPCA volunteer orientation



I'm embarking on a new little adventure - volunteering at the local animal shelter! I've always wanted to volunteer and help animals, but I never had the time. Since becoming self employed, I have a much more flexible schedule, so I signed up. :) We had an orientation meeting last week with the volunteer coordinator, and it sounds like something I'll enjoy.

I chose this shelter because it's no-kill, so I don't have to worry about the animals here. They have lots of volunteer jobs, like cleaning, walking, socializing, and fostering. They recently opened up help in the clinic, which would be a good fit for me since I have years of experience as a vet tech. And of course I want to do some kitten socializing...aka playing with the kitties. <3

I have a one-on-one meeting with the coordinator next week, to discuss the specifics about what I'll be doing. I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment